Yields: 1.5 Cups (12 fl.oz.)
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 15-20 min.
Dose: 5 mg. per Tbsp, 120 mg. total
Recommended: Tincture OR Syringe (Subra used below)
- Dry Roasted Peanuts – 2 cups, shelled and unsalted
- Honey – 2-3 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Peanut Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Food processor or blender
- Clean jar (for storage)
- Start by warming up your peanuts for 2-5 min in a pre-heated oven set to 350°F. This will make them easier to blend.
- Pull your peanuts so they don’t over roast, then move on to pulsing a ½ cup of peanuts in your food processor. Pulse the peanuts a few times just until chopped, then set aside. These will make the final product chunky later on.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 Tbsp of peanut oil and create your infusion. Set it aside for just a bit.
- If using a syringe, add 0.12 mL OR roughly 2.5 rice grain-sized dots of concentrate (~125 mg. total). Stir it to make sure it dissolves and disperses fully in the oil.
- If using drops, add 3 ml of the concentrate tincture (3 full droppers = 120 mg. total) directly into the food processor.
- Add the remaining peanuts, along with the infused peanut oil. Run the food processor continuously for 1 minute, then stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl (the peanut butter will look gritty and dry).
- Run the food processor continuously for another minute, then stop and scrape down the sides (the butter will start clumping together but still needs more work). Add more of the oil as needed to loosen it up.
- Again run the food processor continuously for another minute, then stop and scrape down the sides (the butter will be glossy and soft, like very thick peanut butter).
- Add the salt and honey, and continue processing the butter until it becomes completely smooth (or as smooth as possible). Don’t forget to scrape the sides!
- Once happy with the consistency, add the chunks you set aside earlier, pulse slightly to mix, then transfer the peanut butter to a storage jar (preferably glass), cover, and refrigerate.
Voila! The peanut butter can be used immediately. Enjoy it in a PB&J, or on its own with your favorite spoon. Just be mindful of the dose!