Yields: One (1) Personal Bowl
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Dose: 5 mg. per Tbsp, 10-15 mg. per bowl
Recommended: Tincture OR Syringe
- Baby beets, whole – 4 each
- Salt, kosher or natural sea salt – 1.5 cups
- Baby Arugula – 1 cup
- Assorted cherry tomatoes, quartered – 10 each
- Pistachios, roasted & salted – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh goat cheese, crumbled – 3-4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice – 0.5 Tbsp or 1 fl oz
- Champagne Vinegar – 2 Tbsp or 1 fl oz
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) – 4 Tbsp or 2 fl oz
- Honey – 2 Tbsp.
- Food processor or blender
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large mixing bowl
- Small, clean jar (for mixing and storage)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 375°F.
- While waiting for the oven, wash and prepare the beets. If purchased in bunches, be sure to leave about ½ inch of the stem.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and layer with the salt making sure it is evenly distributed. Place your washed and dried beets stem down in the salt; the cut you made earlier should help the beets stand up on their own.
- Gently cover the beets with more aluminum foil (making sure they remain standing in the salt). Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- While the beets cook, begin working on the remaining ingredients and set them aside.
- Wash and dry arugula.
- Carefully cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Ground pistachios to a rough consistency by pulsing them in the blender or food processor.
- Start your infusion by adding your tincture OR syringe concentrate to your EVOO. Mix well to evenly distribute the oil and set aside.
- If using a syringe, add 0.01 mL OR roughly one (1) rice grain-sized dot of concentrate (~100 mg total) to 1 tsp of warmed EVOO. Make sure the concentrate dissolves and disperses fully in the oil. Once complete, add the concentrate mix to the rest of the EVOO and mix well.
- If using drops, add 3.5 mL of the tincture (3.5 droppers = 70 mg total) OR 1.6 mL of your concentrate tincture (1.6 droppers = ~70 mg) directly into your EVOO and mix well.
- In a small mason jar, combine champagne vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and infused EVOO. Place the lid on the jar, and shake vigorously for a few seconds to mix everything together.
- After 1 hour, take your beets out of the oven, carefully remove the aluminum foil cover, and allow them to cool. When they’re cool enough for you to handle, use a wet paper towel to peel off the skin and cut them into quarters. If you have multi-colored beets, peel the red beets last because they stain the most!
- Time to assemble your salad—In a large bowl, add your arugula, crushed pistachios, tomatoes, and 1 Tbsp of vinaigrette. Use tongs or a fork to mix the ingredients together and then transfer to your serving bowl or plate.
- In the same bowl, add your beets and 1 Tbsp of the dressing. Toss them around until the beets are evenly coated. Place the beets on top of the arugula, making sure no vinaigrette is left in the bowl!
- Top off your salad with some fresh crumbled goat cheese, and you’re done! Enjoy this wonderfully light but delicious salad as an entrée or side to any other amazing dishes you may be preparing.