When it comes to making your favorite cannabis treats, the first ingredient for most recipes is some infused cannabis oil. However, you can not simply use raw cannabis flowers to infuse your oil. A non-intoxicating cannabinoid called THCA needs to be heated up and decarboxylated to convert into THC, the primary psychoactive compound of cannabis. Follow these few simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to whipping up your own THC-infused snack! Click the image above for video instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 240°F.
- Grind the desired whole flower to a coarse or fine consistency, depending on your preference.
- On a parchment paper-lined sheet pan, place the ground flower.
- Cook for 30-40 min. You will see a mild color shift and smell the pungent terpene aroma.
- Pull from the oven and allow for it to cool. When cool, add it to any oil of choice to infuse (video
shows EVOO). For a fast/warm infusion, warm the oil up gently when mixed with the WF. For a
longer/cold infusion, place the mixed oil in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- When ready, drain the oil and eat away!
*Homemade edibles can be hard to dose. We recommend starting slow and with a low amount. Try a few drops on a snack and assess how you feel after an hour to test potency.