Prep & Cook Time: 45-60 min.
Yields: 8 servings, 2 cups
- Beets – 4 0z., peeled & diced
- Chickpeas, canned – 1 can (15oz.), drained & dried
- Tahini – 1/4 Cup + 1 tsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) – 1/4 Cup
- Garlic – 5 cloves, roasted
- Lemon Juice. fresh – 1/2 lemon (2 fl. oz.)
- Salt – 2 tsp. to taste
- Fluent Baldor Syringe (cannabis extract) – 80 mg (10mg per serving), or as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash beets well to remove any dirt
- Trim the leaves/stem back (leaving an inch or two) if your beet has any; don’t trim the tail as you’ll lose juice while roasting. Pat dry once washed.
- Peel 5 garlic cloves, coat them in a small amount of EVOO, wrap them in tin foil.
- Cover the beet entirely in tin foil as well.
- Roast the beet and garlic on a metal tray for at least 45 minutes, or until you can drive a skewer/fork through the beet’s center, and it slides in/out easily.
- While these are roasting, infuse ¼ C of EVOO with 80mg of cannabis drops or syringe.
- If using drops, add 2 full droppers (2 mL) for 80 mg. (OR as desired).
- If using a syringe, dissolve the full 500 mg. syringe into 1 Cup (8 fl. oz) of EVOO. Each teaspoon of oil will contain 10.4 mg of cannabis exctract. You can save the leftover for future recipes.
- Remove garlic and beets from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before removing them from tin foil. While the beet is cooling, get started on the hummus.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and salt.
- Blend on high and slowly drizzle in the infused EVOO. Blend until smooth (this may take a few minutes).
- Once beet has cooled off, peel using gloves or a paper towel, then cut it into small chunks.
- Weigh out 4 oz. and add it to the food processor with the hummus.
- Blend on high until smooth and looks bright pink.
- Then chill the hummus quickly to keep it from oxidizing; this should stay fresh for a few days.
- You’re all set! Enjoy with your favorite chips (Pita is a favorite) or charcuterie board, or even spread on a sandwich.
- Bong appetite!