Yields: 1.5 Cups (12 fl.oz.)
Prep Time: 5-10 min.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Dose: 5 mg. per Tbsp, 120 mg. total
Recommended Cannabis Route: Tincture OR Syringe (Suggested: Miami Vibes Syringe)
- Papaya Pulp (skin peeled, seeds removed) – ½ fruit or about 16oz
- Passion Fruit Pulp (skin peeled, seeds removed – 3 fruits or about 4oz
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice – 2-3 fruits or about 4 fluid ounces
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Everclear or another High-Proof Neutral Grain Alcohol – 2 tsp.
- Knife and cutting board
- Medium saucepan
- Fine mesh strainer
- Food processor or potato masher
- Oven and sheet tray
- Measuring cup
- Metal Bowl
- Clean jar (for storage)
- Candy Thermometer
- Start by prepping your fruits.
- Papaya: Very carefully cut fruit in half, peel skin, and remove seeds. Dice the pulp into small pieces. Use a potato masher or food processor to mash the fruit to your desired consistency. Larger pieces will produce a chunkier texture.
- Passion fruits: Carefully cut fruit in half. Scoop the pulp out with a spoon and discard the skin. Combine fruit contents with ½ cup of water and stir. Strain the mix into a separate container. Remove any seeds that may have passed through the strain and set the juice to the side.
- Lemons: Carefully cut your lemons in half. Squeeze the juice into its own container using a strainer to catch any seeds. Set the liquid to the side.
- Combine fruit pulp and juices into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, turn heat to lowest and let simmer. Let the mixture reduce slowly to avoid scorching. Make sure to stir occasionally to check the consistency.
- While your fruit mixture is simmering, begin work on your infusion. This is where you’ll need the neutral grain alcohol.
- If using a syringe, add 0.12 mL OR roughly 2.5 rice grain-sized dots of concentrate (~125 mg. total) to 2 tsp of Everclear. Stir contents making sure it dissolves and disperses fully. If the contents do not completely dissolve, carefully heat them by gently warming up the mixture in a water bath. Warning! Heating this mixture on a stove or in a microwave may cause a fire.
- If using drops, add 3 ml of the tincture concentrate (3 full droppers = 120 mg. total) directly into the finished & cooled jam. The Everclear mixture is not necessary if following this step.
- In a separate small bowl, add 2 Tbsp of the fruit mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool. Once cool, add the infused alcohol and 1 Tbsp of water and mix well. Once combined, place the mixture in the refrigerator until the final step jam is done.
- Once your fruit mixture has been reduced by about ¼, add in the sugar. Mix well, and continue to cook over low heat. Make sure to stir contents continually to prevent scorching.
- As the jam simmers, use your thermometer to monitor the temperature. To do so, place the candy thermometer into the center of the jam, avoiding touching the bottom of the pan. You want the mix to reach a temperature around 225-230°F; this will allow the mix to thicken as it cools. Once the mixture has reached the target temperature, immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside.
- Once it has cooled down some, carefully pour the mixture into a large, clean, chilled metal bowl and add the infusion mixture you set aside earlier. Gently stir the fruit mix and infusion together with a spatula, ensuring the infusion is evenly distributed.
- Stir the jam until it is cool to the touch. At this point, transfer contents into a clean glass jar, seal it, and place it in the fridge to finish cooling it down.
- That’s it! This jam is a fantastic addition to any charcuterie board or a tropical-themed PB&J. Go nuts!