Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 30-45 min.
- Brioche Bread, whole or pre-sliced – 2 slices (per sandwich)
- Cheddar Cheese – ¼ Cup grated
- Muenster Cheese – ¼ Cup grated
- Gruyere Cheese – ¼ Cup grated
- Mayonnaise – 2 Tbsp.
- Roma Tomatoes – 5 whole, rough dice
- Basil – 2 leaves, thin sliced
- Parsley – 3-4 leaves, fine chopped
- Butter – 1 Tbsp.
- Honey – 1 Tbsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Black Pepper – 5-6 peppercorns, crushed
- Salt – ¼ tsp. OR as needed
- Fluent Black Drops – 10 mg. per sandwich, or as needed
- Cut the tomatoes, onions, basil leaves, and crush your peppercorns.
- Measure ½ cup of water, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Set it all aside for now.
- If you bought blocks of cheese, grate the necessary amount to make your sandwich as cheesy as you’d like. If you bought it sliced, then… Please wait for the rest of us to grate our cheese.
- Make sure you have a small saucepan to cook the jam and a skillet or saute pan to cook the sandwich.
- Let’s get cooking!
- In a small saucepan at medium-high heat, toss in the butter first.
- Once it melts and begins to sizzle, add the onions, tomatoes, basil, honey, and water. Allow this mix to boil, then turn down the temperature to medium and cover with a lid. This will take some time to cook and reduce (roughly 30-45 min), so do this first!
- Stir jam often to avoid sticking or burning and allow for it to cook down to an almost-paste consistency. Tomato jam will begin to caramelize, so watch it closely to prevent burning.
- When your jam is fully cooked down to a jam or paste consistency, add your balsamic vinegar, and adjust the flavor with salt as needed.
- Once happy with the flavor, serve roughly a tablespoon of jam per sandwich.
- Assemble your sandwich by placing down the first slice of bread. Top the slice of bread with the gruyere, cheddar, and muenster cheese. Add your desired cannabis dose with drops or syringe concentrate to the cheese to allow it to bind to the fats. Top it off with parsley and finish with the second slice of bread.
- Once assembled, spread about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the outside of one piece of bread; this will give it an awesome golden color and crunch when toasted.
- Heat your skillet to medium heat, and place the mayo side of your sandwich down to toast. It’s important that you toast your sandwich slowly; don’t rush it, just enjoy the journey. For best results, place a lid over the sandwich as it’s toasting.
- Check the toasted side until you achieve a golden brown color, then spread some mayo on the top slice and flip. Keep your sandwich toasting at a medium temperature slowly, so the cheese melts and your sandwich toasts to perfection.
- Once you achieve a golden brown color on both sides and the cheese has melted, you can remove it from the pan and slice up your sandwich.
- You did it! Serve with a tablespoon of tomato jam and bon appetit!