Yield: 4 Cups
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 3 hours
Dose: 10 mg per 1 Cup, 40 mg Total
Recommended: MOODS and Black Line Drops
- Fresh spinach — 8 oz
- Artichoke hearts, canned — 6 oz (1 can)
- Cream cheese — 8 oz
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded — 1 Cup
- Asiago cheese, shredded — 1 Cup
- Cheddar cheese, shredded— 1 Cup
- Garlic cloves, minced — 3 each
- Mustard powder — ½ tsp
- Red pepper flakes — ½ tsp
- Dijon mustard — 1 tsp
- Salt, kosher — 1 tsp
- Black pepper, ground — ½ tsp
- Lemon zest — 2 tsp (optional)
- Vegetable oil (for infusion) — 1 Tbsp
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- Knife and cutting board
- Can opener
- Start by preparing all the ingredients before you are ready to put them into the crockpot.
- Artichoke hearts: drain the liquid they’re canned in, then roughly chop into small half-inch chunks.
- Asiago, Mozzarella, and Cheddar cheeses: shred your cheeses (if purchased in blocks) and combine them in a bowl before adding them into the crockpot.
- Garlic cloves: peel and mince them as small as you can to evenly distribute the flavor throughout the dish.
- Spices: In a small bowl, mix the mustard powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Spinach: if using fresh spinach, wash and dry your greens gently to remove any dirt.
- Lemon zest: using a zester, collect 2 tsp of fresh lemon zest from the rind; keep it covered in the fridge until the dip is ready.
- After preparing everything, combine all the ingredients (EXCEPT the vegetable oil and lemon zest) into your crockpot or slow cooker. Mix everything as best you can, then set the slow cooker to “high” and cover it with the lid. Cook this for about 2-3 hours, depending on your desired thickness.
- While the dip is cooking, infuse your vegetable oil.
- If using a syringe, add 0.04 mL OR roughly one (1) rice grain-sized dot of concentrate (~40-50 mg total). Stir it into the oil, making sure it dissolves fully. If you’re having trouble dissolving your concentrate, warm the oil in the microwave for 5 seconds, then stir until dissolved.
- If using drops, add 1 mL of the concentrate tincture (1 full dropper = 40 mg total) OR 2 mL of the Red Line tincture (2 full droppers = 40 mg total) directly into the oil and mix well.
- When the dip is ready, add the infused oil and zest, and stir everything together as much as possible to ensure even distribution.
- That’s it! Enjoy your newly infused dip with some pita or veggie chips or with some sweet baby carrot sticks.