Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 25-30 min.
Yields: 8-10 biscuits
- All-Purpose Flour – 2.5 Cups
- Buttermilk – 3/4 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/4 Cup
- Butter, unsalted– 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Agave (optional) – 1 tsp
- Fluent Baldor Drops (cannabis extract) – 10 mg. per biscuit, or as needed
- Warm up the heavy cream and infuse it with your cannabis drops or syringe.
- If using a syringe, add 0.1 mL (a single line) OR 2 rice grain-sized dots of concentrate. Stir it to make sure it dissolves and disperses fully in the cream.
- If using drops, add 100 ml of the tincture (2 full and 1 half dropper). Stir it to make sure it mixes and disperses fully.
- Once stirred in well, place in the fridge to cool down.
- Cut the stick of butter into small cubes and keep refrigerated with the heavy cream and buttermilk until ready to mix.
- In the food processor, add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Once mixed, add the cold butter. Begin to pulse, so the butter breaks up, mixes with the flour, and forms coarse crumbs.
- When it reaches that consistency, transfer the mix to a clean bowl and mix by hand to eliminate any large clumps.
- Transfer the mix to fridge for 5 min. before you continue.
- After 5 min, pre-heat the oven to 450°F and pull out the mixture.
- Create a well in the flour and begin to add the pre-mixed buttermilk and heavy cream.
- Gently mix all together with a spoon or rubber spatula until forming a crumbly, shaggy dough.
- Transfer your dough to a well-floured work surface and continue to knead with well-floured hands gently; start spreading it out to about ¾ inch thickness.
- Then fold it in half and repeat this process about 4 or 5 times. On the last fold, flatten the dough to a ¾ in. thick rectangle.
- Using a biscuit cutter, begin to cut out 2.5-3 in. circles.
- Re-roll any scraps, continue to flatten and cut circles until you’ve used all the dough (this recipe should yield 8 x 3-inch circles or 10 x 2.5-inch circles).
- Place the circles into a buttered cast iron pan OR baking pan, and put them in the oven.
- Bake the biscuits for 25-30 min. OR until golden brown. After you pull them from the oven, you’ll want to brush some melted butter to top them off before serving.
- You’re all set! I recommend pairing these with some homemade sausage gravy, homemade jam/marmalade, or simply as your bread for a breakfast sandwich. They’re absolutely delicious and effective!
- Bong Appetit!