Yields: 40 cookies
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 15 min.
Dose: 10 mg. per cookie / 400mg total
Recommended: Black Line Syringe
- Butter, unsalted & browned – 2 sticks/cups
- AP Flour – 2 1/4 cups
- Light Brown Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Eggs, large – 1 + 1 yolk
- Yogurt – 1 Tbsp
- Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet – 2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Sea Salt, coarse – 1/2 tsp
- Black Line Syringe – 400mg, or as desired.
- First, brown your butter. Cut 2 sticks of butter into slices or small cubes and add it to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Let the butter melt, bubble, and eventually foam up.
- Keep the heat on medium until the butter begins to turn a nice golden amber color on the bottom of the saucepan and eventually brown with a nutty aroma.
- Immediately transfer butter to a medium bowl to prevent burning, and set aside until cool to touch.
- When the butter is cooled to warm, add syringe concentrate.
- Add 0.4 mL (400 mg. total). Stir it to make sure it dissolves and disperses fully in the butter.
- If using a tincture, add 10 full droppers of the concentrate tincture (400 mg. total), and remove a 1/4 stick of butter from the recipe. I recommend using the syringe.
- Combine the cooled brown butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, and yogurt in a large bowl; mix everything using an electric mixer until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined. Make sure to pause periodically to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix everything properly.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by folding the dough by hand.
- Once mixed, allow the dough to chill in the fridge for 15 min. before shaping the cookies.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a spoonful of the chilled dough and roll them into small balls by hand and onto a small tray (this will make life easier if storing and bake later on).
- Place the tray in the fridge and allow the dough balls to freeze for roughly 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place dough balls on baking sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, and that’s ok.
- Pull the cookies from the oven once cooked and cool on the sheet for 5 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt, and voila!
- Enjoy with a milk of your choice and get ready for sweet, sweet relief.